You may have a great product and amazing offer but if you don’t drive traffic to your website you are missing out on opportunities to make serious revenue.
If you really want to grow your business, generate more leads and score more sales you need a strategy to drive more traffic to your website. More visitors to your website means more eyes viewing your product offering, more referrals, and more sales.
There are many ways to generate traffic to your website.
We have listed 15 opportunities you may want to consider. Some of these options are essentially free with the only cost being the investment of your time and creativity.
1. Search Engine Marketing – Search engine marketing involves creating Pay-per-click (PPC) ads that appear when people search online using Google or Bing. Search Engine ads allow advertisers opportunities to pay a fee to display their ad above normal search results. While on-line ads can be an effective part of an overall marketing strategy, they can be expensive depending on your competition and target keywords. Be sure to do your homework before committing to a PPC advertising strategy. Make sure your landing pages and ads are optimized to target the right audience for your site. Also, make sure that you have a long-term plan for managing ads or your advertising budget could be wiped out quickly. While Search Engines offer assistance in setting up your ads and can help offer suggestions for managing your campaigns, it may a good idea to contact a Search Engine Marketing firm that can evaluate and optimize your campaigns based on your business objectives.
2. Social Media Advertising – Popular Social Media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Pinterest offer paid advertising options. While each platform offers unique challenges and opportunities, Social Media advertising is a great way to get your new product idea or service offering in front of an actively engaged audience for a fraction of the cost of traditional advertising. Not sure how to setup your social media advertising campaign? No worries. Agencies are available to help you develop and launch your social media advertising campaign.
3. Print Advertising – Locally printed guides, newspapers or community newsletters may be a good option for driving local traffic to your site. While we don’t recommend print advertising as the primary advertising channel for local or small business, don’t rule print advertising out.
4. Mailers – Do you mail out regular invoices to your customers? Be sure to post your web address on every piece of mail sent to your clients. Do you mail out new product or discount offer notices to your customers? Post a “find more information” address on your mail out that encourages clients to visit your site. Another option may be a mail campaign to addresses within a certain market or target radius around your business.
5. Signage – Be sure to post your web address on signage for your business including vehicle signs. Make sure your sign is readable from a distance. Also, make sure the color scheme is stylish and bright. This will bring attention to your sign can help drive traffic to your site.
6. Sponsor events – Becoming an event sponsor is a great way to generate local traffic for your site. Make sure your web address can be displayed on banners, signage, and print materials. Don’t have the budget to be an event sponsor? Some event planners trade services with vendors for advertisement. If you have a service that may be of value to the event planner you may have an inexpensive opportunity to drive traffic to your site. We were able to secure valuable prime time radio ad placements that ran for over 120 days through a service trade with the radio station. Don’t hesitate. You never know until you ask!
7. Business Cards – No business card is complete without a web address. Your web address should be displayed prominently on the card. Be sure to keep cards on you or in your vehicle.
Up to this point, we have shared paid options to drive traffic to your site.
You may have been thinking that you don’t have the budget to tackle Search Engine Marketing, Social Media Advertising or Print advertising. Don’t worry!
There are plenty of free resources available that can help drive traffic to your site.
These options do require you to roll-up your sleeves a bit but the payoff can be worth it. We will go into greater detail on another blog about “10 Ways to Generate Leads to your Site for Free” but here are some options to get you started.
1. Post on social media – An active social media audience is a great way to drive traffic to your site. Posting on your social media profile is free and can help you engage with an audience interested in your content. Before you run out and launch a new Facebook page for your business, you need a strategy for branding social media profiles for your site. From page titles, post styles, hashtags and posting frequency you need a social media strategy that helps you provide quality content on a consistent basis.
2. Join Online Groups – Posts or interactions in an active online community or social media group is a great way to generate targeted traffic to your site. For instance, a website owner with a sports gear e-commerce site might join a Sports Online Community and share feedback about popular products including links to his e-commerce site in relevant posts. Posts in online groups should be relevant to the topic being discussed. Otherwise, your comments may seem like spam and could get your profile banned.
3. Write guest blogs – Guest blogging is a great way to get your name out there. While there are valid arguments both for and against guest blogging as a valuable strategy for driving traffic to your site, we have found guest blogs to be useful for generating referral traffic to a website.
4. Comment on popular blogs – Vibrant online communities encourage commenting on top post and value the social interaction on their pages. Look for blogs that may reach an audience similar to the audience you are targeting. Register to comment and include a link to your website in your profile. By providing meaningful and helpful comments on top performing blogs you can generate targeted traffic to your site and position yourself as a knowledgeable resource.
5. Branded email – If you don’t already have an email signature file you need to create one! An email signature file is an easy way to brand your email and provide links to your website. Use an email signature in every email!
6. Submit your content to content aggregator – Certain websites are dedicated to collecting and distributing content to a subscribed audience. These sites called content aggregator sites can be an easy way to get your website content in front of a large audience. For more information about Content Aggregator websites check out our article “Using Content Aggregator websites to generate traffic for your site” and “How to Get listed on the Top 5 Content Aggregator sites”
ZaoMedia provides Search Engine Marketing, Pay-per-click Advertising, Social Media Management and Web Design solutions that help generate valuable traffic for website owners. Request your FREE Website / Marketing Audit today or contact us to learn more about ZaoMedia solutions for your business.